NFL Apparel Class Action Settlement (California Only)
Members of the Settlement include any consumer who made a purchase at a retail location in between Oct. 25, 2008 and Apr. 1, 2012 in California for personal use and not for resale of any of the following products:
- A licensed jersey bearing the intellectual property of the NFL or its member teams
- A hat bearing the intellectual property of the NFL or its member teams
- A pair of shoes bearing the intellectual property of the NFL or its member teams
Up to $90 with no proof of purchase
Without proof of purchase:
- The maximum payout of $45 per jersey or pair of shoes or $15 per hat will be allocated to those eligible claimants who did not provide a proof of purchase.
- A maximum of two items may be claimed without proof of purchase.
With proof of purchase:
- The total amount of reimbursement may be up to the entire purchase price provided on a valid proof of purchase.
- No more than twelve items may be claimed unless the Class Member submits evidence that the apparel products that were purchased were not for resale, and in that case, no upper limit has been set.
- The actual amount of the cash reimbursement will vary based upon the total number of eligible claimants that file as part of the settlement.
With fewer eligible claimants at the end of the claim period, there will be a greater overall payout per item. The more eligible claimants, the less the amount of reimbursement per item.
Proof of Purchase
Michael Villa v. San Francisco Forty Niners Ltd., et al.,Case No. 5:12-cv-05481-EJDDistrict Court for the Northern District of California
According to the documents in this settlement the defendant engaged in a series of agreements to limit competition among other sports apparel manufacturers, which led to increased prices for NFL branded apparel.
California NFL Apparel Settlement
c/o Dahl Administration
PO Box 3614
Minneapolis, MN 5543-0614